Frequently Asked Questions
What is Central Ave Compassionate Care?
- Central Ave Compassionate Care is a non-profit organization established to serve qualified patients registered with the Department of Public Health and suffering fom debilitating conditions, such as Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS), cancer, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, Crohn’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. Central Ave Compassionate Care, located at 31 Central Avenue in Ayer, Mass., is a Registered Marijuana Dispensary for the production and dispensing of cannabis for medical use. Products will be dispensed to only qualified, registered patients or their registered caregivers only, as permitted under state law passed in November 2012 and strictly regulated by the DPH.
Is the Facility Open to the Public?
- Central Ave Compassionate Care is only open to qualified patients or their caregivers who are registered with the state Department of Public Health. It is not open to the general public.
Do I Need an Appointment?
- No, you do not need an appointment to visit Central Ave.
How do I Become a Registered Patient?
- To qualify as a patient you must obtain a certification from a qualifying licensed physician. A qualifying physician is a Massachusetts licensed physician (Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy) registered with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health who certifies that in his or her professional opinion, the potential benefits of medical use of cannabis would likely outweigh any health risks that may be associated. If you are having difficulty locating a physician you can search the internet for “MA Medical Marijuana Doctors” to find a qualified licensed physician with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- The qualifying physician will evaluate you to determine if you are qualified for the medical use of marijuana program. If you are qualified, your physician will issue you a certification through the Massachusetts Department of Public Health MMJ Online System. Once your physician has issued you a certification, he or she will give you instructions on how to register through the MMJ Online System and a Personal Identification Number (PIN). This PIN is required for you to register in the MMJ Online System.
How do I designate a Personal Caregiver?
- Registered qualifying patients have the option of designating up to two personal caregivers to assist with the medical use of cannabis. In order to designate a personal caregiver patients must log back into the MMJ Online System and under the “My Caregivers” section generate a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for potential caregiver(s). For step by step instructions on how to select a personal caregiver with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Medical Use of Marijuana Program please click here.
do you offer any discounts/deals/specials?
- Yes. For more information please visit our deals and specials page.
What forms of payments do you take?
- We are currently able to accept cash. We also have a cashless ATM available with a $3.50 convenience fee with a limit of $500 per day.
I have my patient card but I do not know anything about strains/dosage/administration. What do I do?
- We encourage any patient with questions regarding strain selection, dosage, administration, or anything else cannabis related to schedule a consultation with us! Our staff is here to help you to feel educated and empowered when making your selections.
Are you Hiring?
- We are always accepting resumes from professionals with backgrounds in medicine, food preparation, horticulture, security, and customer service. If you are interested in employment, please send both a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our FREE statewide delivery program is designed to get our patients the quality medicine they need, at no additional cost. We have been working hard to make sure that all of our patients have convenient access to their Medicinal Marijuana needs.
This safe and discreet service is available to patients across the mainland of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts! Save the time and gas money, and let our friendly delivery team personally deliver your order!
How Do I Sign Up?
- We have made is easier than ever! There is no longer an application process! All of our patients are eligible. The only requirement is that you have seen us in-person at least once. This visit can come from either a caregiver, or yourself.
How Do I Place An Order?
- You can place an order right from our Menu page! Or, we can take your order anytime by calling us at 978-772-2273
Are There Any Hidden Fees/Costs?
- No. Being an independently owned non-profit organization, we are always looking for ways to give back to our community, and our patients. Providing this service is important to helping further the Central Ave mission of helping our patients maintain their independence, and get the treatment they need and deserve. We are happy to say this service has no cost to our patients, and the only requirement is minimum order amounts.
What Are Your Minimum Order Requirements?
- Our minimum order requirements are determined by the distance of your location from our dispensary.
- Less than 10 min: $50
- 10 - 30 min: $100
- 30 - 45 min: $150
- 45 - 60 min: $200
- 60 - 120 min: $300
- Greater than 120 min: $500
Do Any Discounts Apply?
- Yes! We are happy to share that our Veterans discount, and our income-based Compassionate Care Program (CCP) discount are both available to use on Delivery orders! The minimum order amount is calculated AFTER any Veterans Discounts or CCP discounts have been applied.
- Please note our Sunday Specials, Happy Hour Specials, or any other promotions do not apply to delivery orders.
As always, speak to our Friendly Dispensary Agents if you have any additional questions!
*Home Delivery is Limited to Mainland Massachusetts Only.